The challenges of financing a battery storage project
Many of the unexpected challenges of financing a battery storage project relate to insurance and the difficulty in either securing or renewing policies because so few companies understand the core product – batteries – with sufficient depth.
Because this was such an important topic, the panel which Charley Grimston, Altelium CEO took part in at the Energy Storage Summit in Austin, Texas was the most lively discussion at the event.
Insurance gives the peace of mind investors are looking for, and an A Class warranty is the ‘badge of bankability’, something the audience of developers, financiers, asset owners and OEM was keen to learn about.
If you would like to know more about how our customised battery asset insurance works please get in touch, call +44 (0) 207 293 7070 or email email@example.com.
Recent news & events
- Assurant partners with Altelium to advance battery electric vehicle protection and products
- Fast and efficient ways of obtaining investment for the energy storage market
- Humanity in data
- Battery leasing – baking in problems or better care of resources?
- COP27 corporate environmental transparency
- Unlocking insurance expertise
- Solar and storage sector "turbo boosted"
- EV World Congress
- World Energy Storage Day
- Cenex Low Carbon Vehicle and Connected Automated Mobility Event