The most valuable EV battery data in the long term
Featured in Autotechnician magazine, Alex Johns, Sales Development Manager at Altelium, explores information about EV batteries, and asks, what is the most important information about a battery in the long term?
Drivers tend to focus on battery range or charge but this is not the most valuable information in the long run, Alex explains. Battery state of health is defined as the current capacity of your battery as a percentage of its original capacity. Understanding this, and the factors which affect it, are key to battery longevity, and therefore the most valuable over time.
Understanding the factors which affect battery state of health are also vital elements of Altelium’s solutions, where real-time battery data is enhanced with AI to offer OEMs and all those in the EV battery supply chain peace of mind through insured warranties.
To read the full article please click here: https://autotechnician.co.uk/maintaining-ev-battery-health/.
Recent news & events
- Altelium and MS Amlin partnership provides new battery energy storage insurance solution
- Speed up investment in the energy transition
- Altelium and TMK partner on first data-driven insured warranty for battery energy storage systems
- Data-driven insurance and the green energy revolution
- Ross Kiddie joins as North American General Manager
- The challenges of financing a battery storage project
- AI and big tech take down the barriers to battery bankability
- Battery health: how to protect the life and residual value of your battery
- Announcing Altelium (North America) Inc.
- The role of insurance in supporting safe and regulated battery trade