The most valuable EV battery data in the long term
Featured in Autotechnician magazine, Alex Johns, Sales Development Manager at Altelium, explores information about EV batteries, and asks, what is the most important information about a battery in the long term?
Drivers tend to focus on battery range or charge but this is not the most valuable information in the long run, Alex explains. Battery state of health is defined as the current capacity of your battery as a percentage of its original capacity. Understanding this, and the factors which affect it, are key to battery longevity, and therefore the most valuable over time.
Understanding the factors which affect battery state of health are also vital elements of Altelium’s solutions, where real-time battery data is enhanced with AI to offer OEMs and all those in the EV battery supply chain peace of mind through insured warranties.
To read the full article please click here: https://autotechnician.co.uk/maintaining-ev-battery-health/.
Recent news & events
- Assurant partners with Altelium to advance battery electric vehicle protection and products
- Fast and efficient ways of obtaining investment for the energy storage market
- Humanity in data
- Battery leasing – baking in problems or better care of resources?
- COP27 corporate environmental transparency
- Unlocking insurance expertise
- Solar and storage sector "turbo boosted"
- EV World Congress
- World Energy Storage Day
- Cenex Low Carbon Vehicle and Connected Automated Mobility Event