The most valuable EV battery data in the long term
Featured in Autotechnician magazine, Alex Johns, Sales Development Manager at Altelium, explores information about EV batteries, and asks, what is the most important information about a battery in the long term?
Drivers tend to focus on battery range or charge but this is not the most valuable information in the long run, Alex explains. Battery state of health is defined as the current capacity of your battery as a percentage of its original capacity. Understanding this, and the factors which affect it, are key to battery longevity, and therefore the most valuable over time.
Understanding the factors which affect battery state of health are also vital elements of Altelium’s solutions, where real-time battery data is enhanced with AI to offer OEMs and all those in the EV battery supply chain peace of mind through insured warranties.
To read the full article please click here: https://autotechnician.co.uk/maintaining-ev-battery-health/.
Recent news & events
- World Energy Storage Day
- Cenex Low Carbon Vehicle and Connected Automated Mobility Event
- How active insurance helps the EV market
- The U.S. Inflation Reduction Act
- EV battery data, warranty health for fleet managers
- Aerospace engineer Amy Anderson joins Altelium
- London Climate Action Week
- EV Battery Summit, Rotterdam
- Altelium and MS Amlin partnership provides new battery energy storage insurance solution
- Speed up investment in the energy transition