The most valuable EV battery data in the long term
Featured in Autotechnician magazine, Alex Johns, Sales Development Manager at Altelium, explores information about EV batteries, and asks, what is the most important information about a battery in the long term?
Drivers tend to focus on battery range or charge but this is not the most valuable information in the long run, Alex explains. Battery state of health is defined as the current capacity of your battery as a percentage of its original capacity. Understanding this, and the factors which affect it, are key to battery longevity, and therefore the most valuable over time.
Understanding the factors which affect battery state of health are also vital elements of Altelium’s solutions, where real-time battery data is enhanced with AI to offer OEMs and all those in the EV battery supply chain peace of mind through insured warranties.
To read the full article please click here: https://autotechnician.co.uk/maintaining-ev-battery-health/.
Recent news & events
- How to maximise the residual value of an electric fleet
- Insured warranties boost lithium-ion battery bankability
- Professor Harry Hoster is appointed Scientific Director of ZBT and Chair of Energy Technology
- Pinpoint risk: floods, EV batteries, and the future of parametric insurance
- Altelium Insurers Day September 2021
- The role of warranties in winning the electric vehicle ‘arms race.’
- The most valuable EV battery data in the long term
- Fleet News features Altelium and battery health
- Calendar ageing dominates electric vehicle battery degradation when stationary