The most valuable EV battery data in the long term
Featured in Autotechnician magazine, Alex Johns, Sales Development Manager at Altelium, explores information about EV batteries, and asks, what is the most important information about a battery in the long term?
Drivers tend to focus on battery range or charge but this is not the most valuable information in the long run, Alex explains. Battery state of health is defined as the current capacity of your battery as a percentage of its original capacity. Understanding this, and the factors which affect it, are key to battery longevity, and therefore the most valuable over time.
Understanding the factors which affect battery state of health are also vital elements of Altelium’s solutions, where real-time battery data is enhanced with AI to offer OEMs and all those in the EV battery supply chain peace of mind through insured warranties.
To read the full article please click here: https://autotechnician.co.uk/maintaining-ev-battery-health/.
Recent news & events
- Battery energy storage market maturity and the empowering role of insurance
- The role of insurance in accelerating investment and deployment of energy storage
- Understanding battery behaviour with Altelium
- Electric vehicle remarketing
- Understanding and appreciating risk in battery storage projects
- Long term warranty insurance
- Assurant partners with Altelium to advance battery electric vehicle protection and products
- Fast and efficient ways of obtaining investment for the energy storage market
- Energy systems engineering putting humanity in data
- Battery leasing – baking in problems or better care of resources?
Head of Corporate Communications
Tel: +44 7771 785228