This Privacy Notice Procedure describes how we collect, store and process personal information in connection with the provision of our Services through our website, products, software and other platforms. Altelium takes your privacy very seriously. We understand that some of the information we collect is sensitive and personal. We aim to comply with all applicable Data Protection regulations including the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 and the UK Data Protection Act 2018. We handle personal data with care and only process the necessary data to provide you with a high-quality service and to provide you with competitive insurance products.
If you purchase insurance products or other Services through our Site, our Terms and Conditions will apply to the sale of such products. Please note that the contract for the sale of insurance products will be between you and our Partners.
Information we collect from you
We will receive personal information about you when you create an account with us or when you apply for an insurance product through our customer portal. When you complete your application you may be asked for additional information.
The information you provide may include the following:
- Name, address (including proof of address), other contact details (e.g. email and telephone numbers), IP address, gender, nationality, employer, job title and employment history.
- Background check information including compliance and criminal checks, company registration details, fiscal ID.
- Bank account or payment card details.
- Information about your business (and others insured under the policy) which we need to collect in order to assess the risk to be insured and provide a quote. This may include data relating to criminal convictions, revenue, financial information, business activity.
- Policy information
- Information including the quotes received and the policy wording
Credit and anti-fraud data
- Credit history, credit score, sanctions and criminal offences, and information received from various anti-fraud databases relating to you.
- Claims could include current and previous claims, criminal, and other special categories of personal data.
How and why we use this information
We will use your personal information to enable us to provide services to you in connection with the provision of insurance for the following reasons:
- To enable us to be able to provide a quote to and/or process a policy that you are purchasing. Your information is also used by us in processing renewals as well as improving our understanding your interests and our products and services;
- Managing your insurance policy, including policy documentation issuance and processing, services described in the policy and claims handling;
- Assessment of your insurance application could involve an automated decision with respect to a quotation and/or a price. Our systems drive the decision making, including our insurance pricing engines and acceptability criteria – these decisions are dependent on the information you provide us with;
- Sharing your information with the insurance companies or Lloyd’s syndicates that underwrite your policy. In the event that we change your insurance provider in line with your policy terms and conditions. We will transfer this information to the new insurer or Lloyd’s syndicate;
- Providing quotes for insurance cover based on the information that you provide to us. We reserve the right to refuse to provide insurance to you. All quotes are subject to acceptance by the underwriter, insurer or Lloyd’s syndicate whose decision is final. The underwriter, insurer or Lloyd’s syndicate reserves the right to apply exclusion;
- Undertaking marketing and client profiling;
- Collecting, forwarding and the refunding of premiums;
- Facilitating premium finance arrangements;
- Where we believe there is a legal, security, processing or regulatory need;
- Where we sell whole or part of our business and/or assets to a purchaser to administer your insurance policies;
- To enable us to notify you of certain products and services offered by us; and
- Research and statistical analysis.
- We may monitor emails, calls, text messages and other communications with you. We may keep a record of correspondence when you contact us including the information provided to us and the information from any subsequent correspondence.
Who we share your information with
To conduct the above we will disclose your personal data to a number of third parties. These include insurers, reinsurers, brokers, reinsurance brokers, other intermediaries, claims handlers, premium finance providers, outsourcers, sub-contractors, agents and service providers, professional advisers and auditors. The third parties with whom we share your data are required by law and contractual undertakings to keep your data safe and confidential. The third parties use and disclose the confidential for purposes that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances and in accordance with the applicable legislation.
We may share and combine your data with Alt IMS Services Ltd, including information on quotes, insurance policies and claims. This information is used to:
- Identify products and services that could be of interest to you. Including tailoring and packaging our products and services to lead to pricing and/or available discounts; and
- Perform marketing campaigns and customer research.
We and/or other parties to whom we disclose personal data may use your information for research and analysis.
How long we keep your data
We will only keep your personal data as long is necessary and for the purpose for which we originally collected the data. In particular, for as long as possible that either you or we may wish to bring a claim under this insurance or where we are required to keep your personal data for legal or regulatory reasons. For further details, please refer to our Document and Record Retention Policy.
We aim to keep your information accurate. When you inform us of any changes we will update the information we hold on you at the earliest opportunity. If you are providing information on behalf of someone else you confirm that they have consented to the sharing and processing of this personal information. Also that you have informed them of our identity and the purposes for which their personal data has been processed.
If you have any questions or complaints with respect to our use of your personal data or if you desire to withdraw data processing consent. Please contact the data protection officer at the following email address:
Data Protection Officer
Alternatively, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). More information can be found at www.ico.org.uk