Insured warranties boost lithium-ion battery bankability
Having an insured warranty makes any product or service more bankable, and having a warranty available for lithium-ion batteries is a huge breakthrough, Charley Grimston, co-founder of Altelium explains.
A warranty is a powerful sign of confidence in your product, because a third party with “A” rated capital believes in the quality of your product such that they will insure it against failure. The Altelium warranty can provide cover for both performance (battery degradation) and electromechanical breakdown for the other parts such as the BMS, HVAC and inverters.
Until now only the battery OEMs themselves have understood batteries with enough depth to be able to offer warranties. Now Altelium is using battery science, data engineering and its proprietary insurtech solution to deploy the full weight of the insurance industry behind these environmentally important products.
Charley explains the importance of Altelium’s battery services: “It’s because we understand batteries so well, and know how to maintain their health, that we’re able to offer warranties to complement the original OEM’s warranty,” he said. “This adds a whole new dimension to the bankability of any organisation which uses lithium-ion batteries as an energy source”.
A video explaining Altelium’s unique combination of real time data, enhanced with AI and triangulated against battery testing works is now available to watch on these pages: battery testing.
Recent news & events
- Battery energy storage market maturity and the empowering role of insurance
- The role of insurance in accelerating investment and deployment of energy storage
- Understanding battery behaviour with Altelium
- Electric vehicle remarketing
- Understanding and appreciating risk in battery storage projects
- Long term warranty insurance
- Assurant partners with Altelium to advance battery electric vehicle protection and products
- Fast and efficient ways of obtaining investment for the energy storage market
- Energy systems engineering putting humanity in data
- Battery leasing – baking in problems or better care of resources?
Head of Corporate Communications
Tel: +44 7771 785228