Innovative, inspiring and engaging for EVs
With 2.3 million EVs on the road in the UK alone, the EV market was growing well before the Government announced a delay to 2035 in the ban on the sale of new petrol and diesel cars.
The UK used car market grew by 4.1% in Q2 2023, with more than 1.8 million units changing hands. Sales of used battery electric vehicles soared by 81.8%, accounting for record 1.7% market share. Although this is comparing to a weak period previously, the trend is clear: the used electric vehicle market is powering ahead.
With new battery health tests becoming widely available, the used EV market is about to have a huge boost. A big uncertainty – how do I know my vehicle battery health? – has been solved which will drive the used EV market.
This is the positive message that we champion – business is innovative, inspiring and utterly engaged with actions to address climate change.
A timely report from McKinsey entitled ‘Full throttle on net zero: Creating value in the face of uncertainty’ has just been published.
At Altelium we agree, the more we can create certainty and business value, the faster we can make change happen.
Recent news & events
- Products to help power EV dealerships
- Battery health test, certificate and extended warranties
- Celebrating EV milestones
- Innovative, inspiring and engaging for EVs
- Insured warranties for battery energy storage
- Fast track your investment in energy storage
- Battery data builds confidence
- Insurance innovation at the heart of Europe
- Net Zero Week
- Battery health tests and reports to boost EV adoption