Battery health: how to protect the life and residual value of your battery
Alex Johns from Altelium features on the front page of specialist title, Taxi-Point. He offers sound advice for taxi drivers and anyone who wants to protect their battery health.
Before joining Altelium as business development manager, Alex was one of the first people in the UK to operate a fleet of electric vehicles, managing the Tesla taxi fleet from Gatwick airport. The Teslas he managed for Gatwick had driven 300,000 miles each when the three-year trial was complete and yet the batteries were still at 82% State of Health.
The article offers valuable advice in two areas:
The five key steps to increasing the life and residual value of your battery, if you are a high mileage taxi or private hire driver.
What owner-drivers should look for when considering their next vehicle, assuming their choice will be a pure electric vehicle.
Altelium provides warranties, insurance and consultancy for businesses across the battery supply chain. We provide the insurance and advice you need to protect your investment at any stage in the battery life cycle.
The full article is available to view online: https://www.taxi-point.co.uk/post/caring-for-your-batteries-test-your-knowledge-of-electric-taxi-batteries
Recent news & events
- Battery energy storage market maturity and the empowering role of insurance
- The role of insurance in accelerating investment and deployment of energy storage
- Understanding battery behaviour with Altelium
- Electric vehicle remarketing
- Understanding and appreciating risk in battery storage projects
- Long term warranty insurance
- Assurant partners with Altelium to advance battery electric vehicle protection and products
- Fast and efficient ways of obtaining investment for the energy storage market
- Energy systems engineering putting humanity in data
- Battery leasing – baking in problems or better care of resources?
Head of Corporate Communications
Tel: +44 7771 785228