Altelium and MS Amlin partnership provides new battery energy storage insurance solution
Companies involved in battery storage have been challenged to secure insurance which can be both customised to their needs and completed on time.
We’re delighted to announce a solution to this issue through our partnership with MS Amlin Underwriting Limited (MS AUL), the Lloyd’s leading global (re)insurer, to provide a client-centric battery energy storage system (BESS) construction all risk and operational all risk insurance solution.
The partnership will offer insurance capacity to support clients that build and operate energy storage facilities of all sizes.
Julian Samuel, Head of Natural Resources, MS AUL, commented: “We’ve partnered with Altelium, a specialist in this sector, because of their deep technical knowledge and expertise within the battery market. I’m delighted that through this partnership, we are playing a part in the effort to combat climate change”.
Altelium Co-founder Ed Grimston said: “We’re delighted to have MS Amlin Underwriting Limited partner with us to provide BESS operational all risk and construction all risk solutions, part of our wider portfolio of products and services across the battery value chain, which includes warranties on BESS and electric vehicles.”
Recent news & events
- Insured warranties for battery energy storage
- Fast track your investment in energy storage
- Battery data builds confidence
- Insurance innovation at the heart of Europe
- Net Zero Week
- Battery health tests and reports to boost EV adoption
- Ensuring a smooth service with an outstanding pace of innovation
- Battery energy storage market maturity and the empowering role of insurance
- The role of insurance in accelerating investment and deployment of energy storage
- Understanding battery behaviour with Altelium