Altelium and MS Amlin partnership provides new battery energy storage insurance solution
Companies involved in battery storage have been challenged to secure insurance which can be both customised to their needs and completed on time.
We’re delighted to announce a solution to this issue through our partnership with MS Amlin Underwriting Limited (MS AUL), the Lloyd’s leading global (re)insurer, to provide a client-centric battery energy storage system (BESS) construction all risk and operational all risk insurance solution.
The partnership will offer insurance capacity to support clients that build and operate energy storage facilities of all sizes.
Julian Samuel, Head of Natural Resources, MS AUL, commented: “We’ve partnered with Altelium, a specialist in this sector, because of their deep technical knowledge and expertise within the battery market. I’m delighted that through this partnership, we are playing a part in the effort to combat climate change”.
Altelium Co-founder Ed Grimston said: “We’re delighted to have MS Amlin Underwriting Limited partner with us to provide BESS operational all risk and construction all risk solutions, part of our wider portfolio of products and services across the battery value chain, which includes warranties on BESS and electric vehicles.”
Recent news & events
- EV Battery Summit, Rotterdam
- Altelium and MS Amlin partnership provides new battery energy storage insurance solution
- Speed up investment in the energy transition
- Altelium and TMK partner on first data-driven insured warranty for battery energy storage systems
- Data-driven insurance and the green energy revolution
- Ross Kiddie joins as North American General Manager
- The challenges of financing a battery storage project
- AI and big tech take down the barriers to battery bankability
- Battery health: how to protect the life and residual value of your battery
- Announcing Altelium (North America) Inc.