Altelium and MS Amlin partnership provides new battery energy storage insurance solution
Companies involved in battery storage have been challenged to secure insurance which can be both customised to their needs and completed on time.
We’re delighted to announce a solution to this issue through our partnership with MS Amlin Underwriting Limited (MS AUL), the Lloyd’s leading global (re)insurer, to provide a client-centric battery energy storage system (BESS) construction all risk and operational all risk insurance solution.
The partnership will offer insurance capacity to support clients that build and operate energy storage facilities of all sizes.
Julian Samuel, Head of Natural Resources, MS AUL, commented: “We’ve partnered with Altelium, a specialist in this sector, because of their deep technical knowledge and expertise within the battery market. I’m delighted that through this partnership, we are playing a part in the effort to combat climate change”.
Altelium Co-founder Ed Grimston said: “We’re delighted to have MS Amlin Underwriting Limited partner with us to provide BESS operational all risk and construction all risk solutions, part of our wider portfolio of products and services across the battery value chain, which includes warranties on BESS and electric vehicles.”
Recent news & events
- Battery leasing – baking in problems or better care of resources?
- Lloyd’s Lab accelerator programme for innovation celebrates mid-term point for ninth cohort
- COP27 corporate environmental transparency
- Unlocking insurance expertise
- Solar and storage sector "turbo boosted"
- EV World Congress
- World Energy Storage Day
- Cenex Low Carbon Vehicle and Connected Automated Mobility Event
- How active insurance helps the EV market
- The U.S. Inflation Reduction Act