Fleet News features Altelium and battery health
Dr. Alana Zülke, lead research author and member of the battery research team at Altelium features in Fleet News. She asks a question of vital importance to fleet managers: “What happens if you are a very conservative driver, who prefers to daily top up your car battery, so it stands at an 80% overnight, always ensuring that you always have maximum energy reserve ready to use?”
She notes how information about battery degradation will inform risk calculations for EV battery-related insurance and warranty products. This has further applications in helping to consider the value of second-hand cars and second-life batteries. This can be extremely important to all those buying and selling electric vehicles or battery components because without data about its health and history, a battery may have a zero value rating.
Full details: www.fleetnews.co.uk
Recent news & events
- Assurant partners with Altelium to advance battery electric vehicle protection and products
- Fast and efficient ways of obtaining investment for the energy storage market
- Humanity in data
- Battery leasing – baking in problems or better care of resources?
- COP27 corporate environmental transparency
- Unlocking insurance expertise
- Solar and storage sector "turbo boosted"
- EV World Congress
- World Energy Storage Day
- Cenex Low Carbon Vehicle and Connected Automated Mobility Event