Altelium calls for public awareness campaign about battery health
Altelium welcomes the legislation announced this week (Monday 22 November) that all new homes and buildings such as supermarkets and workplaces, will be required to install electric vehicle (EV) charge points from next year under new legislation
Ed Grimston joint MD of Altelium commented, “Now the public must be taught how to charge their car batteries in the correct way. The life of a battery can vary by up to 400 per cent according to how it is charged and used, and the public must be helped to understand this to avoid enormous waste.”
Altelium provides insured warranties on electric batteries to complement the battery manufacturers’ warranties, and has a vast database of battery information, enhanced with AI and triangulated with real life testing of laboratory battery twins.
As reported in the automotive media, Ed concludes: “We know that EV battery life span varies enormously according to their chemistry and charging history. Along with the new physical infrastructure we need a new public awareness programme.”
Recent news & events
- EV Battery Summit, Rotterdam
- Altelium and MS Amlin partnership provides new battery energy storage insurance solution
- Speed up investment in the energy transition
- Altelium and TMK partner on first data-driven insured warranty for battery energy storage systems
- Data-driven insurance and the green energy revolution
- Ross Kiddie joins as North American General Manager
- The challenges of financing a battery storage project
- AI and big tech take down the barriers to battery bankability
- Battery health: how to protect the life and residual value of your battery
- Announcing Altelium (North America) Inc.