David Partington joins Altelium as Chief Operating Officer
We’re delighted to announce the appointment of David Partington as Chief Operating Officer at Altelium to accelerate access to our end-to-end platform and support the business’s global expansion.
David has deep experience of the interface between insurance and technology. He joins Altelium from the ‘unicorn’ insurance exchange, bolttech, where he helped deliver their first ever insurance-based smart phone protection scheme in Europe. At AIG for eleven years, he was responsible for managing its EMEA Consumer investment portfolio of change projects across twenty countries. His career includes work with industry leaders O2, Carphone Warehouse, M&S and the Ford Motor Company.
Describing his move to Altelium as a meeting between head and heart David explains:
“This role speaks to my passion for EVs and the energy transition. Insurance has traditionally been described as the enabler of investment or ‘the oxygen of commerce’. Ironically this has never been more true than now. Electric batteries offer a way to reduce carbon emissions, and insurance is the vital element required to support investment in them.
“If we protect investment in green technology, we protect our environment and that’s why this role is so exciting. Altelium sits at the heart of investment in electric batteries and their applications, and the opportunity to join the company at this time in its development is exhilarating.”
CEO Ed Grimston says: “We’re delighted to welcome David to the business. He has the perfect blend of practical business experience and passion our insurtech needs. With a raft of announcements to come this is a very exciting time to join the business and support our global expansion plans”.
Recent news & events
- Electric vehicle remarketing
- Understanding and appreciating risk in battery storage projects
- Long term warranty insurance
- Assurant partners with Altelium to advance battery electric vehicle protection and products
- Fast and efficient ways of obtaining investment for the energy storage market
- Energy systems engineering putting humanity in data
- Battery leasing – baking in problems or better care of resources?
- COP27 corporate environmental transparency
- Unlocking insurance expertise
- Solar and storage sector "turbo boosted"
Head of Corporate Communications
Tel: +44 7771 785228