Understanding and appreciating risk in battery storage projects
What are the main concerns insurers have when looking at battery storage projects? Altelium’s energy insurance experts Ross Kiddie and Charley Grimston feature in Energy Storage News, discussing this important topic.
“Recent high-profile thermal runaway incidents in the US and Australia have brought to the fore the need for understanding and appreciation of the risks and the role insurers can play”, Ross explains.
Ross summarises the main concerns insurers have when assessing battery storage projects:
- Design spacing between containers or cabinets.
- CAT (catastrophe) risks
- Tidal and River flood
- Design conditions
- Quality of manufacturing
- Fire protection
- Fire service response plan
To read the full article please go to https://www.energy-storage.news/battery-storage-insurance-costs-are-falling-as-understanding-of-risks-grows/
Recent news & events
- Insured warranties for battery energy storage
- Fast track your investment in energy storage
- Battery data builds confidence
- Insurance innovation at the heart of Europe
- Net Zero Week
- Battery health tests and reports to boost EV adoption
- Ensuring a smooth service with an outstanding pace of innovation
- Battery energy storage market maturity and the empowering role of insurance
- The role of insurance in accelerating investment and deployment of energy storage
- Understanding battery behaviour with Altelium